Home News Retract & Apologize Or Face Court …Asenso-Boakye’s Lawyers Write To A-Plus

Retract & Apologize Or Face Court …Asenso-Boakye’s Lawyers Write To A-Plus

4 min read
0
0
178

By Frank Amponsah

Lawyers for the Deputy Chief of Staff, Francis Asenso-Boakye have officially written to Kwame Asare Obeng, alias A-Plus demanding a retraction and an unqualified apology for defamatory claims against the Deputy Chief of Staff.

In their Demand Notice signed on May 30, 2018 to A-Plus, Samson Lardy Anyenini, ESQ. of A-Partners at Law chambers indicated that Kwame Asare Obeng, alias A-Plus have constantly and with malice, waged a sustained crusade with intent to damage and falsely damaging their client’s reputation using social media.

The document also mentioned that A-Plus has with impunity disregarded outcomes of lawful, constitutional official and quasi judicial processes that discredited his allegations and gave him “a clean bill of health in respect of same through due process.”

According to the lawyers A-Plus has recently resumed a complained conduct after police commenced investigations into alleged criminal conduct against the President of the Ghana Football Association and subsequently written and circulated a series of statements referring to Francis Asenso-Boakye as being “corrupt” among other defamatory claims.

“And that said falsehood maliciously publicized and continues to attract similar damaging comments from your audience and as far as those defamatory statements have been circulated and republished,” the notice reads.

Francis Asenso-Boakye, the document said takes serious view of the said statements including the one A-Plus made on 23rd May 2018 which his client considers completely false.

The lawyers thus demand that A-Plus’s written retraction and apology be delivered within 7 days and must be given the same publicity and prominence as the defamatory claims and must be “unequivocal, unconditional and subject to the prior approval of our client and his Solicitors.”

They however stated that the failure on the part of A-Plus to adhere to these demands will result to a legal suit which will be served on him for libel.

It could be recalled that some months back, A-Plus had accused the two Deputy Chiefs of Staff of putting pressure on the CEO of Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr Felix Anyah, to give back a revenue-collection contract to UniBank after the same contract had been given to a wholly-foreign-owned bank.

He took to social media platform Facebook, to accuse Messrs Jinapor and Asenso-Boakye of being corrupt without giving any proof to back his claims.

 

He described the two Deputy Chiefs of Staff as thieves. A comment he later apologized for.

 

But latest developments indicate that he continues to issue statements on social media in the like-manner against the Deputy Chief of Staff, Asenso-Boakye.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By admin
Load More In News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Check Also

Osu Mantse Takes A Swipe At Osu-Police …Accuses Them of Bias

In the aftermath of the recent mayhem that nearly marred the beauty of the Osu Homowo cele…