The NPP in the Ashanti Region has performed extremely well in its first term in office under the leadership of President Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo-led Government.
The National Youth Organizer of the ruling New Patriotic Party Henry Nana Boakye (Nana B) outlined some of these achievements at the Inauguration of the campaign team of the Ashanti Regional Youth wing.
Under Job Creation the National Youth Organizer emphasized that the NPP has created 2, 055, and 10 jobs of which Ashanti region alone has 180,716 beneficiaries. The youth leader then went ahead to outlined the following
- NABCO Ashanti region has 24,724 beneficiaries out of the 100, 000 nationwide
- The NPP has employed 93,742 both teaching and non-teaching stuff under the ministry of education, of which the Ashanti Region alone has 11,425.
- Employed 81, 808 nurses of which 7,244 are from the Ashanti Region.
- Planning for food and jobs has created 762,300 jobs of which 84,405 are within the Ashanti Region
- The YEA has also created 184,593 of which 26,789 are from Ashanti Region.
- We have the forestry commission employing 7,425 in Ashanti region from the national figure of 84,183.
- NEIP has created 92,000 jobs and opportunities of which 8,200 are beneficiaries from Ashanti Region.
- The resurrection of the AngloGold in the region by the NPP Government led by President Nana Akufo-Addo has created 4,163 jobs.
- The NPP has recruited 12, 400 Security Personnel’s out of which the region has 2,365
- 1 District 1 Factory has created 3776 jobs in Ashanti region alone. Ashanti Region can boast of 20 factories out of the 78 factories under 1D1F.
- The National Ambulance has created 200 jobs in the Ashanti Region alone.
Factories under 1D1F which so far has been set up nationwide is 78 of which Ashanti Region alone has 20 factories of which 11 of them are green factories (Built from ground) this has created 3,776 jobs in the region and 10,963 in the entire nation.
These companies are:
- Western Deedew located in Agona, Sekyere South engaged in Rice production
- Agro Africa limited located in Asankare, Asante Akyem South engaged in Production and processing of pigs
- Ababio Express located in Asokore Mampong and engaged in fruit and juice production
- Kasapreko Company limited located in Tanoso, Atwima Nwabiagya District and engaged in production of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage. 1D1F facilitated a loan from GCB & EXIM bank & also technical assistance to expand to full capacity.
- Kaskazini located in Bekwai, Bekwai Municipality and engaged in Palm Kernel oil processing
- Rider Horn and steel Ghana company limited is located in Konongo, Asante Akim Central District and is engaged in manufacturing of steel and iron products
- Beacon Hill industries limited located in Kumasi, Kumasi and manufactures high quality floating fish feed
- SarChin Chip Bamboo production is located in Abuakwa, Atwima Nwabiagya District engaged in Bamboo processing
- Prestige Diamond industry located in Kumasi metropolis and is engaged in tomato paste processing and packaging
- Santinos fine meat and sausages can be found in the Atwima Kwanwoma District and is into meat processing
- Asamoa and Yamoa farms is located in Santasi and is engaged in processing of live birds into poultry meat for KFC
- Boris B Farms and veterinary supplies in Chirapatre, Kumasi is engaged in processing of poultry feed
- Juabin oil mill in Ejisu-juaben is engaged in processing palm nuts into edible vegetable oil and industry crude
- Darko farms limited in Atwima Mponuoa is engaged in processing of live birds into poultry meat.
- Leapob Company limited is located in the Obuasi Municipality and is engaged in processing of palm nuts into edible vegetable oil and industry crude
- Spring, bolt and nuts limited is a company engaged in the production of bolt and nuts, and is located in the Kumasi Metropolis
- Premier Food Limited is located in the Offinso South Municipality and is engaged in the production and processing of cassava into ethanol, cassava, flour, starch and Gari.
- Oserby Unique Ventures co- Limited in Kumasi is engaged in the production of poultry, pigs and fish
- Best fertilizer company limited is located in the Asante Akyem South District and is engaged in the production and packaging of fertilizer
- Royal Jute Company Limited in the Amansie West District is an Integrated jute industry for the production of jute sack.
- Under the Free SHS and Free TVET policy, Ashanti Region has 222,099 beneficiaries out of the 1.2million beneficiaries nationwide.
- Of the 144,000 beneficiary of the Teacher training allowance the region has 25,253 students
- The construction of the John Agyekum Kuffour School in Dabaa.
- 4,500 beneficiaries in Ashanti region out of the total 30,000 under the Tertiary Scholarship scheme by Ghana Scholarship Secretariat.
A total of 2,344 projects have been started in the Ashanti region with 1,037 completed and 1,307 ongoing. A few subsectors are highlighted below:
- Water and sanitation infrastructure: 814 total projects, 378 completed, 436 ongoing
- Education Infrastructure: 670 total projects, 299 completed, 371 ongoing
- Under the school infrastructure projects the region has 225 projects as part of the Basic school projects which comprises of classroom blocks, teachers common room, Administration blocks, libraries among others, and 261 school projects under the SHS projects which also comprises of Classroom blocks, Dormitories, science laboratories etc.
- Energy Infrastructure: 204 total projects, 88 completed, 116 ongoing
- Road infrastructure: 188 total projects, 105 completed, 83 ongoing
- Health Infrastructure: 103 total projects, 53 completed, 50 ongoing
- Market infrastructure: 61 total projects, 26 completed, 35 ongoing
- Industrial Infrastructure: 42 total projects, 16 completed, 26 ongoing
- Housing infrastructure: 24 completed, 137 ongoing
- The region has 6 of the 1000 metric tonnes warehousing projects the beneficial communities are Tepa, Drobonso, Ejura, Kumawu – wonoo, Akumadan and Mampong.
- 5000 capacity ultra-modern Youth resource center & Sports centre(Stadium) at Nyinahini
- Kumasi town roads construction and Asphalting
- Completion of the Asokore Mampong affordable housing project started by the Kuffour Adiministration and abandon for 8 years under the NDC by the Mills/Mahama led Governments.
- Renovation of the Kumasi Baba Yara Sports Stadium.
51. Completion of the phase two of the Kumasi Kejetia market
- Construction of Kumasi International Airport.
- Completion of the abandoned Maternity Ward at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital. Abandoned since 1974
- Completion of the Asokore Mampong affordable housing project
- Renovation of the Baba Yara Sports Stadium
- Construction of the Creative Arts School at Kwadaso
Under the health sector the NPP Government has achieved the following
- Provided 49 ambulances to the region one per constituency and two for the region
- The Government has establish a drone delivery service in Mampong to help in the distribution of drugs and other essential medicines within the region.
- Of the 159,000 beneficiaries of the nursing school allowances the region alone which has 11 nursing institutions has 29,644 nursing trainee benefiting.
*ENDING ENERGY CRISIS (DUMSOR)*
- The Former President
John Mahama collapse 95 companies in the Ashanti that led to job losses of 32,000 under Dumsor, the NPP Government has ended this man-made Pandemic.
- Ashanti Region under NPP for the 1st time hosted Ghana’s independence anniversary celebrations.
The National youth Organizer Nana B. Added that the above listed projects are without the various constituencies,Districts, municipal and metropolitan specific projects the NPP Government has done in the Ashanti Region and ask that the good people of the region should give President Akufo-Addo and the NPP four more years to do more for the region.