The Minister for Transport, Hon. Kweku Ofori Asiamah, has been adjudged the overall best minister among all the ministers appointed by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, to help him run his administration, according to a survey conducted by FAKS Investigative Services.
Out of the 4,327 who responded to the survey, an overwhelming 3,956, representing 91.42% ranked Mr. Ofori Asiamah number one to emerge winner among the group of ministers who were put on the spotlight for assessment of their performance during the period under review.
The survey took place between the months of October and December 2020 and it was the 9th Edition since FAKS started this project.
The 2020 survey focused on opinions from the public, some assessment from the ministries and agencies as well as the regions.
Respondents for the survey were, journalists, students, petty traders, traditional rulers, business owners, civil society organizations (CSOs), commercial drivers, traders in general, and academia among others.
About 74% of the respondents were between the ages of 18 and 55 while the remaining 26% were between the ages of 56 and 75.
The annual survey also included the performance of Members of Parliament (MPs), deputy Ministers and Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of State-Owned Enterprises (SOEs) in the country.
The Ghanaian research and investigative firm headed by Fred Yaw Sarpong, said despite the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, the exercises were successful.
Achievements of Mr. Ofori Asiamah
During the four-year period under which Mr. Ofori Asiamah has been the Minister for Transport, he has spearheaded the expansion and modernization of the Takoradi Port, a very huge project which was executed by a wholly Ghanaian owned firm, Ibistek.
He has also revived the age-long Boankra Integrated Logistics Terminal (BILT), also known as the Boankra Inland Port Project in the Ashanti Region. The project worth US$330million is being executed by a Concessionaire, Ashanti Ports Services Limited, a joint venture of Afum Quality Limited and DSS Associates of the Republic of Korea.
Mr. Ofori Asiamah, has also ensured the deepening of the decentralization of DVLA services across the country.
He has also ensured to revamp the service of Metro Mass Transit as well as Intercity STC, thereby, making them the one choice of transport services for commuters.
One other key achievement of Mr. Ofori Asiamah, is how he has been able to manage the various transport operating unions to the admiration of all. That notwithstanding, the Transport Minister ensured that the National Road Safety Authority received the best funding ever to ensure that road users and commuters comply with road safety regulations.
GPHA Board eulogizes Mr. Ofori Asiamah
Board Members of the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) recently, in unison, extoled the leadership qualities of the Minister of Transport, Kwaku Ofori Asiamah, which has brought about massive transformation to the transport sector.
The Board, having thoroughly assessed the Minister, gave him a thumbs up for the smooth manner he has handled the Ministry under which the GPHA operates as an agency.
His unifying skills, coupled with him being a team player, was highlighted as his trump card, with the Board Members expressing their appreciation to the Minister for the way and manner he handled issues that were brought to his attention, especially, agitations from the workers’ front among others.
Hon. Ofori Asiamah had gone to the Board of the GPHA during their last meeting held in Accra to express his gratitude to them for cooperating with and supporting him during the last four years of which he had oversight responsibility over the Authority.