Heads of some Health Training Institutions in the country are accusing the Director of Human Resource Management, Dr. Kwesi Asabir of dishonesty and Malfeasance.
The principals, most of who are Principals of the Nursing Training Colleges, have also questioned why the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman has not been able to act on several reports on the conduct of the Dr. Asabir, which is creating tension amongst the Heads of the Health Training Institutions as well as the Ministry of Health.
Further investigations at the Ministry of Health by Journalists have also revealed that the HR Director is also allegedly frustrating processes leading to promotions into certain key positions at the Ministry and has called on the Minister to act as quickly as possible to ensure smooth running of the administration of the Health Training Institutions.
The Heads of the Health Training Institutions in separate interviews with Journalists accused the HR Director of unilaterally allowing heads and principals of certain training Institutions continue to stay at their at their posts without any formal contract extension arrangements.
They are therefore bringing the following to the attention of the Health Minister for his quick action:
- The Principal of the Kokofu Nursing training college Principal has spent almost two years after retirement.
- Winneba Nursing Training college principal still at post over two years after retirement.
- Techiman Krobo Nursing Training college principal almost two years after retirement.
- Opthemic Nursing Training college principal over two years after retirement.
- Tepa Nursing Training college principal over two years after retirement
The above-named nursing training colleges principals are still at post though they are all have retired without any contract of extension. However, because all have paid money to Dr. Kwesi Asabir HR Director, he is still maintaining them in the various nursing training colleges.
- Koforidua Nursing Training college principal retired and has been replaced
- Public health Nursing Training College principal retired and has been replaced
- Bibiani Nursing Training principal retired and has been replaced
The above-named nursing training Colleges principals have been replaced and not at post because they are all have retired without any contract of extension.
The Principals are therefore calling on the Sector Minister to let Dr. Asabir step aside and cause investigations into the matter.